American Heart Association Certification Courses
T: 978-287-3139 — Courtney DeTore, Emerson’s AHA Training Center coordinator
Emerson Hospital is proud to be an American Heart Association (AHA) Training Center. We are currently authorized to offer certification courses in Heartsaver, Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support. Please see the descriptions below for further information about these course offerings and to ensure that you are signing up for the course that best suits your needs.
Heartsaver courses are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who need a course completion card for their job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
- Course Requirements: Skills practice and testing with AHA instructor during course. Optional written exam available for instructors to administer to students whose employers require completion of a written exam.
- Cost: Instructor-led Heartsaver CPR/AED — $50
Basic Life Support (BLS)
The BLS course is designed for healthcare providers caring for patients in the pre-hospital setting (EMTs, paramedics, fire fighters and police officers) and in-facility settings (hospital, clinic, dentist office, skilled nursing, and assisted living facilities).
- Course requirements: A written exam, skills practice and testing with AHA instructor during the course.
- Cost: Instructor-led BLS course — $75 (Includes book) | BLS skills session — $45 (must complete online portion prior to attending)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
The ACLS Course is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies (i.e., personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units) such as physicians, nurses, and paramedics, as well as others who need an ACLS course completion card for job or other requirements.
- Course requirements: A written exam and skills practice and testing with AHA instructor during the course.
To see our course calendar and/or register for a course at Emerson Hospital, please visit the AHA website and choose “Search Training Centers” then enter Concord, MA, or 01742 in the search box.
Disclaimer: The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.