When you need diagnostic testing for vascular disease, it can be done with ease and convenience at our Main Campus.
Our Accredited Non-invasive Vascular Laboratory Center of Excellence provides testing for:
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
- Venous Disease
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
- Visceral Vascular Disorders
- Varicose Veins
- Wound Care
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Call 1-978-287-3003 to schedule an appointment for a vascular ultrasound.
TO OBTAIN TEST RESULTS
Requires a signed medical records release and ID.
Just reports: 978-287-3870
Reports & images: 978-287-2925
Preparing for a Vascular Ultrasound
- No special preparation is needed for a vascular ultrasound.
What to Expect During the Exam
- During the exam, a sonographer trained in ultrasound imaging will press a small hand-held transducer against your skin and move it over the area being examined. A small amount of gel will be used to help eliminate air pockets between your skin and the device.
- Non-invasive vascular ultrasound has some advantages compared to other types of imaging including the absence of ionizing radiation or contrast dye, ease of testing and the relatively low cost. Using the most advanced medical technology, our expertly trained registered vascular technologists deliver comprehensive assessments of the veins and arteries including:
- Ankle-brachial Index (ABI)
- Aortoiliac Duplex for AAA
- Aortoiliac Duplex for Occlusive Disease
- Carotid Artery Duplex
- Dialysis Access
- Extremity Arterial Duplex
- Mesenteric Artery Duplex
- Renal Artery Duplex
- Segmental Pressures/PVRs
- Endovascular Laser Treatment (EVLT)
- Venous Duplex DVT
- Venous Doppler Reflux Analysis
- Vein Mapping
After the Exam
- There should be little to no lasting discomfort after your procedure, and there are no post-procedure requirements for patients.
About Vascular Ultrasounds
Ultrasound is a safe, painless test that is used to take pictures of the blood vessels and blood flow using color and pulsed Doppler. In addition to ultrasound, Emerson provides other diagnostic testing such as segmental pressures and pulse volume recordings to detect vascular disease.
All testing at our vascular laboratory is performed on state-of-the-art imaging equipment and interpreted by our own board-certified radiologists, who are trained and credentialed in reading non-invasive vascular imaging. Focused on delivering the highest quality services and optimal patient care, our highly skilled vascular laboratory team provides your doctor with the information he or she needs to accurately diagnose vascular disease and quickly determine the best course of treatment.
For additional information visit www.radiologyinfo.org