Other Support Groups
Aphasia Conversation Group
Spring 2017 Session: March 8, March 22, April 5, April 19, May 3, May 17
This group provides an opportunity for people with aphasia to work on their communication skills in a fun, interactive and supportive environment. Sessions are facilitated by a speech language pathologist with special topics such as music and the arts, technology, community service and more.
Cost: $100 for 6 sessions. To register, please call 978-287-8246 or email Colleen at email@example.com.
Diabetes Discussion Group
- Third Friday of the month: 10:00 am
- The Diabetes discussion group is suspended until further notice.
- Emerson’s Center for Specialty Care, 54 Baker Ave Ext, Concord
Parkinson’s Support Group
- First Monday of the month: 2:00 pm
- Meets at Newbury Court, 80 Deaconess Rd, Concord, MA
- The Parkinson’s support group provides information and emotional support for Parkinson’s patients, their caregivers and family members. Meetings focus on learning more about the disease, its manifestations, emotional aspects and how to deal with symptoms. Each meeting includes an exercise period followed by informal discussions and exchanges of information and experiences, or presentations by guest speakers. Please contact Jared Rardin, 978-369-0419 for further information.
Pulmonary — Better Breathers Club
- Third Thursday of the month: 12:00 pm
- Meets in Cheney Conference Room B — Emerson Hospital, Concord, Mass.
- Please call Claire Rindenello with questions
The Better Breathers Club is open to anyone who is living with lung disease and their family and friends. In addition to its function as a support group, the Better Breathers Club also hosts informational lectures on a range of topics. There is no cost to attend and refreshments are provided. Many patients participate in the Better Breathers Club to help cope with lung disease.