One of the first hospital-based home care organizations in Massachusetts, Emerson Hospital Home Care has established a reputation for excellence.
Emerson Hospital offers home care services as part of a continuum of care that addresses many home health needs of patients in our service area.
Emerson Hospital Home Care is:
- Accredited by Joint Commission
- Certified by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health as a Medicare/Medicaid service provider
The goal of the Home Care team is to assist each patient in achieving optimal health and the highest possible level of independence following an illness or injury.
Our home health professionals work as part of a multidisciplinary team, closely communicating with each other, the patient’s referring physician, family members, as well as other caregivers. The multidisciplinary team consists of nursing staff, rehabilitation therapists and home health aides.
Our staff provides comprehensive assessment and care, including skilled treatments and patient and family education. Nursing services are available seven days a week with triage service 24 hours a day. Services include:
- Care coordination
- Management of cardiac/respiratory issues, heart disease, heart failure, chronic lung disease, wound care, bowel/bladder problems, medication, diabetes and cancer
- IV therapy
- Heart failure disease management program
Our expert team of therapists performs physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. We work with you to restore function and independence. Physical therapy services are available seven days a week including holidays. Services include:
- Post surgical care and strengthening for hip and knee replacement
- Post stroke rehabilitation
- Cognitive training or retraining
- Home safety evaluation, fall prevention program and activities of daily living education/training
Medical Social Work
Our social workers help patients address the many social and psychological issues that often accompany a serious injury or illness. Services include, but are not limited to:
- Assessment of family and support systems
- Identification of resources (financial and community) and referrals to other resources
- Coordination of treatment with other caregivers
Home Health Aides
Our certified home health aides work with the clinical staff to assist patients in meeting the goals of improved activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing and mobility.
Referring a patient for Emerson Home Care
Patients may be referred from all aspects of the health care continuum, including any acute hospital, rehabilitation or skilled nursing facility, as well as from home. Generally, home care services benefit those who are homebound and can benefit from a program of skilled nursing care or rehabilitation services, have an exacerbation of a long-term illness or disability, or are recovering from a short-term acute illness or injury.
Anyone (including the patient, family members or professional caregivers) may request an initial evaluation. If appropriate, the Emerson Hospital Home Care staff will contact the patient’s physician and request the required medical orders.
Please call 978-287-8300 or 1-888-220-5343 to make a referral or for more information. In most cases, home care services can begin within 24 to 48 hours of the referral.
Emerson Home Care services the following Massachusetts towns: Acton, Ayer, Bedford, Billerica, Bolton, Boxborough, Carlisle, Concord, Groton, Harvard, Hudson, Lexington, Lincoln, Littleton, Marlborough, Maynard, Pepperell, Shirley, Stow, Sudbury, Wayland and Westford.